Monday 14 November 2016

Framing work diary

Planning



Evaluation and Progression


Evaluation

  I chose this image as one which I wanted to progress because I think that it has potential to be a great representation of framing photography in a unique and abstract way. The frame is the wooden edges in the foreground. I really like how the foreground is focused and the background is unfocused. The barbed wire creates a distinct sharpness. This image also ties in with the subject topic texture because the rough wooden frame and the sharp and vicious look of the barbed wire presents texture. The background contrasts with the sharp barbed wire and rough wood texture presented because trees and nature represent life, purity and growth.

Progression

















  To edit this picture, I made the colours in the background more saturated and vivid. By doing this, it has created a more distinct background for the sharpness texture and shape of the barbed wire to contrast against. The picture is brighter as a whole which good in this case because it outlines the frame which we are looking through. I also adjusted the contrast, vibrancy, exposure and brightness because it was really effective in helping towards a picture which really stood out. It has brought the background to life which was originally unfocused and dark. Furthermore, overall it has brightened the picture and has made it more effective in showing framing of the background.


Evaluation

   

  Here I have taken the idea of placing a literal frame onto a background to represent framing photography in a simplistic but effective way. I took the idea from my image bank which I had gathered because it interested my how it is very basic but effective. I like how the the frame isn't that focused but the background presented within the frame is, causing us to look into the frame. A frame would usually hold a picture but in this case, the background is the picture within the frame. I like it because it creates confusion but interests you at the same time.

Progression 

  

   To progress this picture, I used Photoshop to change the picture into black and white and adjust the colour levels to create a more vivid picture through the frame. I then adjusted the vibrancy and contrast because the 'picture' see through the frame was not particularly vivid. I like how my hand is blurry and by changing it into black and white, we focus even less on the hand in the picture. This is god because our eyes are lead straight into what is represented within the frame.

Evaluation


  I chose this image as one which I wanted to progress because it extends further than the other images shown above. For example, it represents framing within framing. The frame in the foreground frames the background however, there are also frames within the background. Not only this, but there is more than one frame within the 'whole frame'. There are smaller, individual frames within the large frame. This is more effective because we can look through each individual frame and see different segments of a whole picture within small sections. I also like the metal look because it creates a thin outlined frame.


Progression

   To progress this image I used Photoshop to make subtle adjustments such as: the increase in saturation, vibrancy, exposure and contrast. The colours are now more drawing and saturated which makes the picture more interesting. I think that with the changes that I have made, the picture works really well and is an interesting take on framing photography. The angle works well with the objects also. If I were to take this picture again, I would maybe try to cut out some of the pavement and try to focus on getting more of the grass in the picture.

















Progression


   I chose this image as one which I needed to progress or retake because I don't think that it works well with the subject topic of framing. The frame is too wide and it is hard for our eyes to be drawn into the image that I was meant to frame. There are too many distractions such as the diamonds on the object which we are lead to. I could possibly take this image again but at a different angle to ensure it doesn't look muffled and rushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment