Saturday 5 November 2016

Framing Straight Images

  I chose image as one which was one of my favourites because I like the harsh effect of the barbed wire. This picture consists of a rough wooden frame which creates an outline for the forest in the background. I like it because the barbed wire is in focus and the background inside the frame is out of focus. Therefore, it not only present framing, but a vicious texture. I enjoy taking pictures which are unusual takes on a subject topic and also that incorporate other focuses within them (in this case, texture and framing). The harsh effect of the rough wood as a frame and the sharp barbed wire contrasts with the soft, unfocused background.





I really like this image because each section of the 'whole frame' acts as a frame itself. This also acts as representation of framing within framing - there are also frames inside the original frame. I like the metal fragile look of the structure because it creates a interesting frame. The structure is unique and abstract which is why I find it intriguing.



 I like this take on framing photograph because the diamond shape creates a sharpe outlined frame for the background behind. Once again, I really like the wooden frame similar to the one shown previously. The abstract structure creates a more interesting frame for the background and similarly to the picture shown above, the 'whole frame' holds individual frames.



  I like this image because I have taken a literal frame and placed it against a background. This idea was taken from an image that I had gathered from the internet (recorded in my image bank). I really like this because thee 'picture' which can be seen through the frame is very distinct and clear, while objects outside of the frame are blurry for example my hand is blurry. I will not crop out the hand from the picture because I think it again outlines the fact that I have used a literal frame ad an object to represent framing photography. 


1 comment: