Monday 31 October 2016

Reflection Image Bank


  I chose this picture as one which inspired me because the photographer has consciously thought about the position of his body before taking the picture. I like how the feet and shoes can be seen in the picture and their body is reflected in the puddle. It is intriguing how the rain has formed a perfect puddle which is crystal clear and lies in a position which shows the city in the reflection, including the buildings and even an airplane in the sky. This is a interesting way of reflecting everyday life within a city. For example, this individual is probably just walking down a road in a busy city and has recognised an opportunity to photograph city life. This is more interesting than photographing a reflection within an rural area.



    I really like this photograph because I find the use of a mirror to represent refection is interesting and has potential to show a lot. The trees behind the person look different to the one pictured in the mirror which is eye catching. It is an unusual picture because we would not think that there would be another tree in front of the person but instead another person (maybe the photographer). The white winter setting contrasts with the all black clothing that the person is wearing because they are two opposites however, for a split second, it looks as if the mirror fits into the background along with the other trees. I could use this idea when looking at shape photography because I think that is an interesting take on this topic.



I chose this image as one which inspired me because I like the rainy autumn effect that I take from it. The rainbow coloured umbrella adds a sense of variety to the picture where the other colours are quite dull. The large puddle of water reflects the man's body and makes it look like he is integrated within the sky and clouds. This picture creates a sense of confusion because it is originally hard to work out why the objects are positioned like that but we quickly work out that in fact it is a reflection. The fact that we cannot see the man's body anywhere else other than in the reflection adds further to the illusion. 



I really like the idea of photographing a reflection using bubbles. This is an interesting take on reflection photography and I can imagine, that it would be difficult to capture this due to the limited time you have to photograph a bubble before it bursts - this is why it is intriguing to me. The reflection within the bubble is distorted due to the round shape the bubble holds - this makes the buildings look stretched. This picture links together a sense of childhood with man made objects (possibly within a city). I really like this idea however, it would be difficult to capture something to this standard due to the limited time I would have.




I chose this picture because it creates calm and sensual feelings. The smooth skyline and sand looks as if they roll into one and all we are really left to focus on is the reflection of the horses onto the water and the shape which they create. The outline of the horses is faded in the reflection and the shape does not look solid. 




No comments:

Post a Comment