Monday 3 October 2016

Form Straight Images


 I chose this image as one which represents the subject topic of form because I like how the flowers are shrivelled due to them dying. The flower is not as alive as a fresh flower would be which creates the 'wrinkly' effect shown here. I think that it is more interesting than having an alive flower because it consists of a different texture and different patterns. In an alive flower, the petals are almost all the same but in comparison as shown here, the individual petals are different shapes due to the way they have shrivelled. This creates a more interesting form compared to if I had photographed an alive flower. The white background contrasts against the off cream/white colour that the flower has and the shadows created around the flower reflect the form even more.



  I chose this image as one which inspired me because I liked how the spikiness of the cactus create an odd shape. It is not just a typical 3D shape which represents form but is unusual. I like the shadows which are casted by the spikes on the cactus. The shadows almost make it seem like there are extra spikes on the cactus but actually, there isn't, it's just the shadows made by the existing spikes. I like how the angle shows the form of the cactus and how the spikes extend at all different lengths and directions.









  I chose this picture as one of my favourite because it shows a more unique shape rather than photographing a basic three dimensional picture as a way of presenting form. The way that the statues have been carved create ridges which then presents a different shape. In this photograph, the two different statues are seen as holding individual forms. This is because of the way that I have consciously positioned them and photographed them.










  I chose this photo as one which represents form because I like how the oval shape is presented and how you can see through the object, onto the background. Not only this, but the round candle represents form also. The two shades of white contrast against each other although being similar - the shadows reflected by the object make the white background appear darker. When photographing form, it is important to show incorporated shadows within the images which I feel like this picture does well.





  I really like this photo. In my opinion, photographing several images in one picture is more effective than just looking at the form which one specific image holds. The jagged edges of the candles create an intriguing representation of form. The photo is very focused and shows not only form but texture and colour also. It is important to incorporate different subject topics into one because they all fit in together.

1 comment:

  1. Your image series is not so strong... please look for other examples of form... to add

    ReplyDelete