Wednesday 5 October 2016

Pattern straight images

  I chose this photograph as one of my favourites because I like the randomness of the shapes within each tile. I like the muted grey/blue colours and how there are different tones of each colour. I like the angle in which I have taken this photograph because I think it shows the individualization and different shapes within each tile more efficiently. I enjoy looking at irregular patterns because they take a more individualistic approach and are more intriguing. To improve this picture I could crop out the bottom edge of the photograph to avoid distraction from the pattern itself. I could also make the colours more saturated so that the different tones and shapes are more eye catching.

 
   I like this photograph because the beam of light shining through the windows show the discoloration/stained glass. This is presenting a regular pattern. Although I find irregular patterns more interesting to look at, I think that this works well because of the different windows. This image could be seen as an abstract way of showing pattern photography, which is why I find it intriguing.










 I chose this picture as one of my favourites because I like this take on pattern photography. I like how each segment of the pyramid shape has identical patterns and how the lines all lead into the same position - the middle. We are therefore drawn to the middle because this is where the patterns all come together as one. After this, we are left for our eyes to divert around the rest of the picture but due to the regular pattern, it all looks similar. This creates a subtle illusion because our eyes have no different places to look due to it all looking the same. I will use this in my work diary to improve and to progress my
work further.

    I particularly like this picture because it is simple but effective. The pattern is regular but distorted, due to the wonkiness of the small tiles. The sphere shape of the pole is interesting because although, we know that the pattern will contain around the sphere, it is hard to pinpoint just by looking at this photograph, where the pattern would come to an end. It gives you things to think about, despite being quite a simplistic way of showing pattern through photography.

1 comment:

  1. a very good series here well done.. I think however the first image (tiles) might have been better if you were to shoot it head on instead of at angle.. (try it and see if it works).

    ReplyDelete