Thursday 8 September 2016

Line image bank





    I chose this photo as one which inspired me because the lines in the photo look like they all fall into one. Curved lines suggest quiet, calm and sensual feelings. This is the feeling I get when looking at this photo because the lines look like they're layered and almost like it is a large, continuous curved line. I like he fact that it is close up because I think this way, people focus more on the lines and shapes within the photograph rather than the object itself. I also like the bland colours in the picture as I feel like it coincides with the sensual, calm and quiet feelings that the curve lines create.







This photo I chose shows converging lines. These type of lines represent distance, depth and scale. I like this because it links to the meanings of converged lines - the road in the picture looks as if it just keeps going (which it probably does). This could link to the idea of there being distance between two things etc. I also like how the lighting of the road makes it look dark towards the 'end' of the road - I think this is more effective when implying that the road carries after what we can see.  The lights on the ceiling are also converged lines and although the road seems to be getting smaller, so do the lights - they carry on with the road, which is why I like this photo.

   
  I chose this image as once which inspired me because I really like how the building, which would be a fairly boring way of presenting vertical lines (especially if it was take as a long shot), has been blurred. Vertical lines represent strength and power. I also like how the whole photo is blurred and not just the building. This makes the picture look like it is entirely made up of vertical lines - the background objects are unclear and despite the building in the foreground being blurred, it is still possible to work out what it is.I would like to possibly use this effect in future photographs that I take because it really creates an interesting effect on a bland picture.











I chose this picture as one to present horizontal lines. I like everything about this picture: the colours, how the foreground and sky is blurry, the fact that it is of a sunset etc. I feel as if sunsets are a really interesting way of representing horizontal lines because they would not stereotypically represent them. The sunset looks smooth and almost all blended into one however, it is still possible to make out the horizontal lines in the photo. Horizontal lines imply tranquility and peace which i think the photo presents well. The colours such as orange, yellow and red are analogous and are soothing and uplift the mood.












No comments:

Post a Comment