Thursday 29 September 2016

Texture image bank



  I chose this photograph as one which inspired me because I think that food as a subject of texture is abstract. People may stereotypically think of surfaces to photograph texture, such as bricks. However, this photographer has taken a picture of the individual shapes and textures within a piece of fruit. It looks as if they have edited the image of the fruit to intensify the colours and therefore, the textures. It is extremely clear to see the different textures such as the skin of the orange, the texture of the segments and the middle part of the orange. This works particularly well because it contains different textures and not just one which fits in well with the subject topic. The plain, dark background makes the fruit contrasted which makes the textures and outlines stand out more.



  I chose this picture to represent texture because it is very focused and shows the lines and details on the surface extremely well. The deep ridges show dark lines which makes it easy to imagine what the wood object would feel like in real life rather than just a photograph.


  I chose this picture as one which inspired me because I like how the leaf breaks the pattern in the background. It makes us focus on more than just one object containing texture. It is less bland because it includes a colouful object within it. I would like to use this in future photographs which I take because I think that iot is really effective. The leaf contains little texture, which I think that the photographer may have done purposely. The outline of the leaf looks 'furry' and the textyure of the object in the background looks frosty. Furthermore, I like this because it looks crisp due to the weather conditions which therefore makes the texutres stand out more. 


    I chose this image as one which inspired me because I like how the different shells and pebbels are different sizes and therefore are contrasted in textures. Some of the shells contain ridges however some are smooth, as of the pebbles. It creates a bumpy look and some look more sunken than others. In my opinon, incorportaing colour into topics such as texture, is important because it can be used in a way to make different textures stand out. The lay out of the pebbles and shells is random and therefore creates a mix up of textures. Not only does the individual objects contain different textures themselves, but as a whole, they create a sharp look and texture.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment