Sunday 29 January 2017

Composite Image Making Work Diary

Planning

Evaluation

   
  Here I took two images: one a playing card which was photographed against a plain background in the studio and another which is a landscape which I took in London which we can see the London Eye presented in. I wanted to put these images together because I think it would create an interesting look. Using playing cards to play games at family parties for example, Christmas could be perceived as a British activity. This is why I liked the idea of merging these two specific images together because London is a popular place which is well known. I thought that the image of the London eye which I had taken held a good amount of space to place the picture of the playing cards in there. I liked the fact that there were people in the landscape because it makes the picture more abstract.





Progression



   To create this image I used Photoshop to  combine the two images together. First, I had to rotate the images of the cards and crop an edge off because I wanted it to seem as if the cards were stuck into the floor. I then copied and pasted the images of the cards onto the background of London. I made the cards fairly large because I wanted it to look as if they were as big/ bigger than the people standing in the landscape. I like this image because the cards look solid and stuck into the ground which I feel, makes people look twice to question if they are supposed to be there. Also, I like this image because it almost reminds me of a fantasy lifestyle.


Evaluation


   Pictured here is two images which I took to complete the following image: one of a bouncy ball which is alumnus yellow with black spots and another of a grain station. I thought that these two images would work well together because the image of the train station is dark and consists of muted colours where as the bouncy ball is a saturated yellow colour. Furthermore, I thought that these would contrast and create a good composite image. The train station is quite empty in this case and therefore I thought that it would be a good opportunity to work with this image.













Progression


  Here I used Photoshop to create this composite image. I used the quick selection tool on Photoshop to cut out the object which I wanted to place onto the background. I then copied and pasted it onto the image of the train station. I arranged several copies on the bouncy ball in a way that looks like they are falling and bouncing around the image. I really like the final image because the two corresponding images contrast against each other. To progress this image further, I could try out different backgrounds and create some variations of this image.

Progression

    I think that I could progress this image by exploring different objects rather than the ones previously used - possibly more unique and abstract objects and place them on more unusual backgrounds to really create a set of images which show my full potential within this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment